Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Soon to Sow!

Yesterday, the seed starting soil arrived! So much for our “Amazon Day” because it wasn’t scheduled to get here until today! I’ll take it!




Then I went crazy this morning shopping online at Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds! I can hardly wait to get the seed packets!!! This is what I ordered...

Abe Lincoln Original Tomato  SKU: TM260
Bonny Best Tomato SKU: TM181
Classic Beefsteak Tomato SKU: TM111
Plantain - Purple Perversion SKU: HB275
Dwarf Coral Garden Mix Cockscomb SKU: FL266
Lemon Queen Sunflower SKU: FL722
Arikara Sunflower SKU: FL736
Mongolian Giant Sunflower SKU: FL721
Gold Ring Sunflower SKU: FL727
Old Homestead SKU: BN105
Superschmelz or Giant White Kohlrabi SKU: KL103
Red of Florence Onion SKU: ON103
Sugar Snap Pea SKU: SN106
Red Malabar Spinach SKU: SP107
Komatsuma Spinach Mustard SKU: OR102
Yellow Scallop Squash SKU: SSQ108
The goal today is to prep the milk & water jugs I’ve collected, and from the friends that have collected for me! I will soon make another trip to gather from others as I know I don’t have near enough on hand.

In my last article, I explained the “winter sowing” technique I’m planning to do. It’s getting to be that time - finally!

I have a few seed packets left over from Botanical Interests I ordered last year I can work on while waiting for the “rare seeds”!!!!

I double checked our expected last freeze date from the Farmer’s Almanac resource.



I also ordered from Amazon a Frost Blanket Cover because I learned last year, sheets don’t cut it! The Greenhouse Hoops will keep the fabric from touching the plants. And, I did get the clips to keep the fabric secured against our winds.
 
Because of the blasted armadillos, I will have to have more raised beds... but that’s another story for another day.

Happy Gardening! 









No comments:

Post a Comment