Friday, November 15, 2019

Dairy Goats?


While visiting the Heritage Homestead over in Waco I sampled fresh Goat Cheese with a hint of orange and ginger. It was amazing! I didn’t think I liked anything goat. I’ve reached out for anyone local selling homemade cheese to no avail.

The Homestead Craft Village is such a lovely place Momma & I will visit again - by ourselves - when it’s not a cold rainy windy day.

For a few days I silently pondered adding a dairy goat to the mix. I considered different things like where could I graze her/him, and the resulting babies. How much space would they need, what breed would be best, what type of structure would be needed, etc. Then I decided to watch some YouTube videos on how to milk a goat.

It’s not often I say to myself, You are just too old to start raising dairy goats! This is certainly one of those times!

But... I had already joined some Facebook groups. I’ve learned a lot... like the mini breeds, and came across this sweet face at Rural Space Ranch (not too far from here either)!



Tugging my heart!

We’ll see... it’s not over.

Maybe when I hit 70!


No comments:

Post a Comment