Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Confession

I have a confession. I’ll fess up. I couldn’t wait for winter like I planned. Yes! I’ve already started researching the ins and outs of raising meat rabbits! It happened basically as soon as I published the article Top 2 Things to Study this Winter

The next time I went into town, I visited the Tractor Supply Store and bought Bob Bennett’s book Storey’s Guide to Raising Rabbits, 5th Edition. I’m almost finished reading it from cover to cover!


Facebook has several closed rabbit groups I’ve joined, three are specific to Texas! Bucket loads of information! Like, I never knew the difference between GAW and GBW wiring! Thanks to the members, I now know I need to spend the extra monies for GAW wire when building hutches. Galvanized AFTER Wielding. Apparently rabbit’s urine will ruin the “Before” (hence the GBW) in a year!  

I’ve watched many a youtube video during the wee morning hours while waiting for the sun to come up. It’s then chores begin in the garden and visiting / caring for the chickens. I thought, Why not watch and learn while waiting?!

I found the best channel... an ongoing series of raising meat rabbits! I absolutely appreciate the videos by Melissa at Good Simply Living and Homesteading. She explains each step (birth to grow out) simply and beautifully. I laughed along with the other viewers (based on the comments) when she explained the “fall off” a buck experiences.

That’s my confession! It’s not too bad. I am being productive!

Now, to figure out the best place to locate the hutches!

No comments:

Post a Comment